The «miniRUEDI» is a unique portable mass spectrometer for quantification of gas species in environmental gases and water bodies. The instrument was developed at the Swiss Federal Institute for Aquatic Science and Technology (Eawag).
Download datasheet (PDF) here.
Fully built and configured miniRUEDI: CHF 50’000.-
Custom designs or flexible ways of handling are possible (for example you provide the hardware/parts, we assemble and configure the miniRUEDI). Don’t hesitate to ask us!
- Designed and built for maintenance-free on-site gas analysis at remote locations
- Gas species (tested with air-like gas matrices): He, Ar, Kr, N2, O2, CO2, CH4, H2
- Calibration using ambient air as standard gas (depending on application)
- 6 inlet ports for different gas samples (number of inlets can be increased on request)
- Gas inlet at atmospheric pressure
- Low gas consumption minimises interference with the natural mass balance of gases and avoids bias in dissolved-gas concentrations in water using the gas-equilibrium membrane-inlet mass spectrometry (GE-MIMS) method
- Size and weight (incl. carrying case): 80 cm × 52 cm × 32 cm / 32 kg
- Power supply: 24 V(DC), runs off 110–230 V(AC) mains converter (included), batteries, solar panels, etc. Power consumption: 50 W (normal operation)
- Software toolbox (ruediPy) for instrument control and data processing is open source and based on Python and GNU Octave, supporting the transparency, reproducibility and long-term value of the analysis results. ruediPy allows flexible and transparent implementation of application-specific scripts for gas analysis and data processing.
Detailed description of the operating principle, performance and application examples available in Brennwald et al. (2016), A Portable and Autonomous Mass Spectrometric System for On-Site Environmental Gas Analysis, Environmental Science & Technology, doi: 10.1021/acs.est.6b03669.
- GE-MIMS membrane modules for dissolved gas analysis in water
- Total gas pressure sensors (e.g., for GE-MIMS analysis), compatible with ruediPy software
- Temperature sensors (e.g., for GE-MIMS analysis), compatible with ruediPy software